The majority of the items on the site can be customized with the Utah logo on them. If you need assistance please chat or call us at 800-868-7018
Utah Occupational Safety and Health (Utah OSHA)
Helping to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for every worker in the State of Utah.
Voluntary Protection Program
The Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) promotes comprehensive workplace safety and health management systems through cooperative relationships among management, labor, and OSHA. Admission to VPP status constitutes UOSH’s official recognition of company management and employees with outstanding occupational safety and health management systems.
VPP is based on a cooperative relationship between management, labor and Public Sector, the Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) management system promotes worker protection, requiring active employee involvement and management commitment. The VPP process emphasizes the continual identification and elimination of hazards.
Become a Special Government Employee (SGE)
As a Special Government Employee (SGE), volunteers work alongside UOSH during VPP site-evaluation visits. SGEs fulfil a service on behalf of their employers by providing outreach to other companies. At the same time, SGEs take back to their VPP-participating employers any Best Practices they encounter during site-evaluation visits. Serving as an SGE allows VPP participants and UOSH to work together in promoting safety and health leadership.Dates and locations for upcoming SGE courses are featured in the attached schedule. Please note that the SGE Application is due a few months before the training.
SAFETY & HEALTH ACHIEVEMENT RECOGNITION PROGRAM
The Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) recognizes employers who operate an exemplary safety and health management system. Acceptance of your worksite into SHARP from Utah Labor Commission UOSH (UOSH) is an achievement of status that singles you out among your business peers as a model for worksite safety and health. Upon receiving SHARP recognition, your worksite is exempt from UOSH Compliance programmed inspections during the period that your SHARP certification is valid.*
- Protect workers from all safety and health hazards that may exist at your workplace
- Work with UOSH to identify and implement best practices to protect your workers
- Develop an innovative safety and health management system for your business that will protect your workers
Create a Culture
- Create a better working environment free of safety and health hazards;
- Boost worker morale by involving workers in creating a culture that emphasizes a safe and healthful workplace
- Improve communication among workers and management
- Encourage safety in the community as workers may transfer safe and healthy work practices outside of the workplace
Build a Reputation
- Receive official recognition from UOSH for your achievement of SHARP status and for maintaining an exemplary safety and health management system;
- Become a leader in your industry by providing a safe and healthy workplace for workers
- Attract skillful workers looking to join a business that is at the forefront of its industry in providing a safe and healthy workplace for its workers
- Lower worker compensation insurance premiums;
- mprove your worker retention and reduce costly turnover
- Reduce worker days away from work to keep operations and production running more efficiently and effectively